Stump Island Park






Stump Island Park



The City of Glasgow maintains two public parks and a swimming pool for recreation. The first, Stump Island, is located on the Missouri River, just south of the Missouri River Bridge.

Petrified stumps give Stump Island it's name
Newly renovated boat ramp
Stump Island is the perfect RV spot in Glasgow, having 12 campsites with electric hookups, a dump station, a modern bath house with hot showers, and a newly renovated boat ramp with access on the Mighty Mo.
Three large shelter houses also grace this park orginally named by the Lewis & Clark expedition, referred to in November of 1804 as the island covered in stumps. The land for the park was later given to the city by Kansas City Power & Light.
One of three shelter houses
Center soccer field

Youth and adult recreations programs are available during the summer months and include the sports of softball and tennis, making Stump Island the center of attention during the sports season.