In January 1975, the Presbyterian Church dissolved its membership because those who were left - only 10 - were all elderly people, and there were no prospects for renewing the life of the church.
Members wanted to turn over the building and itscontents to the City of Glasgow for a museum. The Council accepted the gift. On August 1, 1976, Glasgow's dream of a museum became a reality.
The Gothic Revival building was built in 1861 by the Baptists. After the Presbyterians lost their building to fire during the Battle of Glasgow in 1864, they held services elsewhere until 1886 when they bought this building from the Baptists for $4,500.00 and spent another $3,000.00 for repairs and renovation.
Today the church's sanctuary on the upper floor is maintained as a period room. Most of the furnishings date from the 1860s except for the stained glass windows installed in 1913.
Museum is open from May 15 to October 15